[ale] scsi-emu and riping from an atapi device

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Sat Oct 24 15:35:28 EDT 1998

I use xcdroast for dupe, etc.  The problem is that it didn't like
reading from from my ATAPI cdrom.  I'm hoping it will now.

I'm using MP3 make though to rip my CD's to mp3 so I can take music
on the laptop without carring 50 CD's..

It appears to be working (not the fastest yet, but it's working).
Thanks,  Looks like I owe you another beer.

Robert

Thus spake Chris Ricker (kaboom at gatech.edu):

> On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
>
> > Ok,
> >   So when it finds it, What type of driver do I tell the ripper that it is?
> > I know scsi, but do I tell it mitsummi as the model?
> >

> I don't know, since I don't use that program, but it should just be SCSI.
> The only think I've used with my CD-RW so far was xcdroast, and it was smart
> enough to automagically tell what was going on....
>
> later,
> chris
>
> --
> Chris Ricker                                            kaboom at gatech.edu
>                                                chris.ricker at m.cc.utah.edu
> I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;
> I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.
> 	-- A. Whitney Brown

Robert L. Harris                |   Windows NT --
Senior System Administrator II  |        Micro$oft's Ode To
  at Great West Life.           \_            P. T. Barnum

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: