[ale] YP weirdness?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Fri Oct 23 11:53:54 EDT 1998

Ok
  I'm working with some fintering and I'm finding something odd in my YP.
This is a Linux system running 2.0.34 for a kernel and :
[root at gi-roadrunner /root]# rpm -q -a | grep yp
yp-tools-1.4.1-2
ypbind-3.3-7

I'm seeing this:
[root at gi-roadrunner /root]# ypcat -k aliases | grep pager
 pager  "| /usr/ucb/rsh is-master /usr/local/bin/CM_mailproc.perl"
 eb-pager  eb-pager at eb-mailhost
[root at gi-roadrunner /root]# ypmatch eb-pager aliases
Can't match key eb-pager in map mail.aliases. Reason: No such key in map
[root at gi-roadrunner /root]# rpm -q -a | grep yp

On the sunbox it's bound to, it is bound to itself, which returns the
the correct info for the ypmatch.  Very strange.

Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   Windows NT --
Senior System Administrator II  |        Micro$oft's Ode To
  at Great West Life.           \_            P. T. Barnum

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: