[ale] 10GB harddrive

Michael Cooper gte124i at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 8 20:38:39 EDT 1998

My Linux Redhat 5.1 won't recognize my 10GB harddrive.  And it causes my
drive to lose two GB of space.  Inorder to install Linux on my machine I
resized the original partition from 10 to 7 GB.  I went to install Linux in
the remaining three gigs, but Linux (DiskDruid and Fdisk) only recognized up
to eight gigs.  I went ahead and installed it to a 1GB partition.   But when
I went to reclaim the two gigs that were unallocated they weren't there any
more.  I when I got rid of Linux they cam back.  Is there a way I can get
Linux to recognize the missing two gigs, or too just keep it under Win98?

-Mike Cooper