[ale] CPAN/package like abilities of rpm

Zot O'Connor zot at ZotConsulting.com
Wed Oct 7 13:49:01 EDT 1998

After loading some perl modules and other packages on a FreeBSD box, i
was wondering if there is a command line util to make rpm work the same
way.

What I imagine is that i download a list of Mirrors and packages.  Then
I type "rpm -UvhM package"

With -M meaning to download off the nearest mirror.

"--with_retires" seems also important.

I am thinking this amy help people set up systems with better security.
Also it can be used with an email to notify the root user that a new
package has been released for that particular system.

I am hoping that this has been done, though I am will to make it happen
as well.

--
Zot O'Connor

www.ZotConsulting.com