[ale] Linux presenter for MUMPS of Georgia group

Baer, James Daniel.Baer at med.va.gov
Tue Oct 6 08:41:48 EDT 1998

Greetings:

  I am the Secretary of the MUMPS of Georgia Users Group here in Atlanta  (
http://www.mindspring.com/~mga/ <http://www.mindspring.com/~mga/>  ).

  Our members are interested in learning about Linux.  We'd like to know the
basics of Linux, so the membership can have a general understanding of what
it takes to install, configure, and maintain a Linux system.

  We would like to know if it would be possible for a representative of your
group to be the guest speaker at our October 13 meeting here in Atlanta.  We
meet off of North Druid Hills and the meeting starts around 6:30pm.  We
provide free pizza and drinks for the attendees.  Our average meeting size
is approximately 13 people.  We have access to a projection system, as well
as the internet if needed.  We realize this is short notice, but our guest
speaker for October had to cancel and our members suggested we look into
doing a presentation on Linux.

  Many members are interested in Linux, not only because of the recent
publicity it has received, but also because there has been much discussion
about running MUMPS systems under Linux.

  I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Baer
Secretary -- MUMPS of Georgia
http://www.mindspring.com/~mga/ <http://www.mindspring.com/~mga/>