[ale] Re: ALE Showcase 98 CD-ROM proceedings

Chris Farris chris at perun.room17.com
Thu Oct 1 14:58:39 EDT 1998

> Will the CD-ROM Proceedings be available for sale to those
> of us who cannot attend the meeting and hear the talks?

1. It is not a meeting. It is a trade show. Those of us putting it on
would not be spending all this time on a mere meeting.

2. The CD proceedings are included for all paying ALS conference
attendies. Additional copies will be availble for sale at the show.
Like the T-Shirts, we will not be shipping CD-Proceedings to people. We
don't want the hassle of doing it.

If someone wants to mirror the proceedings on the Web, we can probably
make an arrangement, however I won't promise anything.

Chris

--
1996: Congress votes to ban smut on the Net.
1997: Supreme court overturns Congress's ban on Smut.