[ale] New Hard Drive

Jim Rundquist jrundquist at yogi.mar.lmco.com
Thu Jun 25 07:09:24 EDT 1998

</pre>
<HTML>
Hello,

<P>  I have just added a new hard drive and partitioned it for both
winduznt and Linux. I have two questions.

<P>First, how do I move/map directory trees such as /home and /usr (along
with any others you advise) to the new Linux partition and still have the
kernel know where they are? I at least need direction on which FM to read.
I bought the new drive because I was down to 16Mb under Linux on the old
one. The new Linux partition is 2Gb and is formatted as ext2 and ready
to go.

<P>My next question has to do with that %&^!!/~@ EZ-Drive that came
with the drive (5.7Gb Maxtor). When I put the new drive in and installed
EZ-Drive, it wiped out LILO. I have since learned that EZ-Drive can not
be uninstalled without reformatting the C: drive. Does anyone out there
know if I can install LILO in the presence of EZ-Drive without completely
destroying my MBR?
<BR>
<BR> Thanks for your time,

<P>Jim
<PRE>--
Jim Rundquist
jrundquist at fs1.mar.lmco.com

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines</PRE>
 </HTML>