[ale] Debian 2 + Netscape 4.x

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 5 12:44:35 EDT 1998

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Dave Brooks wrote:
Ive been running debian 2 and netscape 4.x w/o a problem since beta.
Did you use the netscape installer or download the debian installer and
use it? I think netscape has libc6 versions out

> ale-
>
> Netscape 4.x was built against libc5, and this presents a problem when
> working with glibc2 systems, i.e., in this case, Debian 2.  When I start it,
> it complains about libg++.so.27 and some others (all libc5 libraries), and
> when I satisfy those with sym links, etc, it seg. faults.
>
> Has anyone else had any luck running Netscape 4.x on Debian?
>
> --
> David Brooks  <dave.brooks at trusted.net>
> Trusted Net, Inc. <http://www.trusted.net>
> Voice: (770) 425.5700 ext. 280
> Fax: (770) 425.1765
> telnet://spork.deflux.org

		                \\\|///
                              \\  - -  //
	                       (  @ @  )
              |  Nick Lucent     NLucent at mindspring.com  |
              |               Atlanta GA.                |
              |              1024/4FAFDA5D               |
                               oooO   (   )
		                \_)