[ale] linux/apache

Mike Fletcher lemur1 at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 8 03:52:29 EDT 1998

> I'm using RH5.0 with all the updated glibs and libs I think?! Recently I
> got apache1.2.5 and recompiled it for some extra modules. I've tripled

	First off, the latest 1.2 version is 1.2.6. You're behind the
curve already. :)

> checked all the config files and usually had no trouble with this
> before. The server is started with 'httpd -f
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf'.

	If /etc/httpd is your server root, you might try doing

httpd -d /etc/httpd -f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

	instead.  That'll explicitly point it at your server root
(although you can specify it with a ServerRoot directive in the
httpd.conf file as well).  Check in the logs directory under the
server root for error_log.  That'll show you whatever error output
apache's generating.

--
Fletch                |                                            __`'/|
lemur1 at mindspring.com |       "I drank what?" -- Socrates          \ o.O'