[ale] text and X mode email client

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 7 15:39:04 EDT 1998

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998 ivey at realminfo.com wrote:

> I'm about to give up on /bin/mail, since I finally feel I need MIME support
> and PGP-signing.  However, I have a gloriously hacked together .mailrc,
> .procmailrc, and .procmailrc-outgoing that I want to keep, plus all of my
> existing mail folders...and sometimes I have to telnet in and use a command
> line, no-curses app.  So, before I write a GUI/CLUI mailer, can anyone
> point me towards an already exisiting one?  Thanks.

The best combination, at least for me, is pine at the command line and TkRat
(aka Ratatosk) or its derivative postilion (basically an OpenStep-ified
version of TkRat) when I'm GUI.  I have tons of mail folders and .procmail
scripts, etc. and the transition back and forth between the two clients is
transparent.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker						kaboom at gatech.edu

I would give him a kick in the ass.
	-- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, on Jack Kevorkian