[ale] Slackware + IE?

Dave Brooks spork at 777.net
Sun Apr 5 12:18:29 EDT 1998

If anyone can back me up on this, or explain to me what kind of idiocracy
it took for this to happen, it would be greatly appreciated.

I was in Microcenter yesterday, and was just poking through all the budget
CDROM's.  I came across a CD innocently enough entitled "Slackware Linux
3.3". I looked at it, it was your standard Slackware distribution.  A
closer look, however, revealed something truly odd.  As by some
defenistration of all logic, there was, in the lower right-hand corner,
stamped the mark of the beast.  A logo aptly enough that read "Includes
Microsoft Internet Explorer." This is the same logo that appears on all
your AOL "Get 50 Free Hours" CD's.  Has anyone else seen this?  I almost
bought the CD just to see what the heck that meant being put on a
Slackware case.  Did Microsoft port IE beyond Solaris platforms?
Just Curious.

-Dave

Dave Brooks
spork at 777.net