[ale] more: Linux for sale

Don Allison don at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 4 21:32:10 EDT 1997

>>Linux OS:
>>Professional Edition
>>CD for Windows
>>From walnut creek cdrom
>>Now Only $149.00
>This all sounds good except there are no details as to why it is $149
>I'm assuming it has CDE and all.

I wondered the same thing.  By the way, I was out at MicroCenter today looking
for the Infomagic Linux distribution (they usually have it pretty cheap, but
no luck today...).  They did have several boxed Linux distributions, including
about 6 or 8 copies of RedHat 4.2 for $40, and several copies of Applixware
with RedHat 4.1 for $80.

Anyone know where to get the Infomagic 6 CD set for under $20?  Or are those
days gone now with Linux hitting the big time?

Thanks,
don