[ale] more: Linux for sale

Joe Novosel gt2497b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 4 19:52:07 EDT 1997

I just got my Microcenter paper today and saw this:

>Technical Software
>Linux OS:
>Professional Edition
>CD for Windows
>This program is the perfect choice for an affordable, high performance,
>32-bit multiuser/multitasking operating system.

>From walnut creek cdrom

>Now Only $149.00

This all sounds good except there are no details as to why it is $149
I'm assuming it has CDE and all.

But the thing that gets me is "CD for Windows"
That blows it.  The description tells _me_ that this is yawp (yet another
winblows program)

Oh well.
But they do have some other Linux and Unix stuff listed on the same page.

This is on the back page of one of the papers.

--
Joe Novosel
jnovosel at cc.gatech.edu

This address may not be used for unsolicited email.
******   Repeal the 16th amendment!   ******