[ale] Remote Printing.

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Sat Nov 15 19:15:25 EST 1997

> > I've set up my printer on my firewall machine.  I then set up my local
> > box with a "Remote" printer (both done in the Control Panel).  When I try
> > to print to the printer I get:
> >
> > moat.orci.com: lpd: lp: Your host does not have line printer access
> >
> > Moat is the printer host.  Anyone know what I missed?
> >

> I've only been using RedHat for 4 days now, but I'll take a stab at it:
>
> 1. Make sure that the printcap entry on the firewall points to the
>    printer host/print name
> 2. Make sure that the printcap on the local box points to the firewall
>    as the remote host and the printer as the remote printer
> 3. Make sure that your local box has a hostname entry in /etc/hosts.lpd

It was #3.  Now I'm getting "Unknown printer" on my local machine.  I've
defined the local machine in the remote machine's /etc/hosts.equiv (same
effect as hosts.lpd according to man page).

Any ideas?

Robert
Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: