[ale] installing jdk 1.1.3 on RH 1.1 system

Mir Shafiqul Islam mir at oisp.gsu.edu
Sat Nov 15 16:53:38 EST 1997

I am not sure what RH 1.1 is. Here is what I did. I removed the old package
with package manager. Dowloaded jdk 1.1.3 from www.blackdown.org and
unpacked it under /usr/local. No problem in running. As a matter of fact
I have both jdk1.1.1 and 1.1.3 installed. They are living happily.

--
Mir S Islam
Systems Administrator
mir at gsu.edu