[ale] MindSpring Mentor

Bob's ALE Mail transam at cavu.com
Tue Mar 11 10:05:16 EST 1997

Please see my previous posting.  I use it to connect to Mindspring.

All you need to do is add entries to the root crontab to invoke
pppmany and pppoff at your desired times.

Mindspring will terminate any connection with no activity for 30
minutes.  Not that *I* would every do it but doing a single ping or
checking mail periodically will prevent this.

Also, if you do not have something to periodically generate data and
Mindspring drops the connection then the pppmany script will redial.
This was unintentional.  I suspect adding the following line to
/etc/ppp/ip-up would stop this redial:

	touch /tmp/_stop_ppp

Bob Toxen
bob at cavu.com
transam at cavu.com [ALE & linux-ppp]
http://www.mindspring.com/~cavu
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
"Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus" (We came, we saw, we hacked)