[ale] NEW: INTERNET SEMINAR SERIES (fwd)

Greg Hankins greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 23 21:59:17 EST 1997

Not really a flame here, but the unsolicited mail did break a few accepted
rules in this email universe.  There are those that may appreciate such
a mailing.  My problem is, I s*bscribe to the ale list because of its
particular s*bject matter.  This mailing had little to do with this list.
I am s*bscribed to a number of lists and between work and home, I get
plenty of mail I've specifically requested.  I don't need unsolicited stuff.

On yet another note, anyone that sends unsolicted email, is either unaware
of the etiquette of the environment, or they just don't care. In either
case, I don't believe they have something to offer.  If they did, they
would use the proper channels.  For example, I just returned from the
USENIX/USELINIX Conference in Anaheim CA.  I did not here of it via
unsolicited email.

If you are interested in useful 'seminars' I would suggest you s*bscribe
to lists such as ale, read associated news groups and/or join organizations
such as USENIX.  I'm afraid that you will find that these technology seminars
presented by people that obviously don't understand the technology, will be a
waste of your time.  It's a bit ironic, they use a technology improperly
to notify you that they are going to share information about this technology
with you?  I don't think so.

}I guess you guys are just all too cool. Actually I thought the idea of
}the seminar was interesting AND relevant. Miff, sorry but not all of us
}are highly technical unix enthusiasts such as you.
}
}I hate to have one of my first posts sound like this, but you deride
}someone for spamming with spam yourselves. At least theirs has something
}to offer. Yours just makes you sound childish, especially by relating
}your email in a post to the newsgroup.
}
}I personally would welcome other such posts offering free seminars in
}networking and related fields.
}
}Okay, I'm ready for the flames.
}--
}-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
}mailto:mshade at mindspring.com   mailto:mss at i3109g.atl.hp.com
}                        Matt Shade
}And God said, "Let there be vodka!" And he saw it was good.
}Then God said, "Let there be light!"
}And then He said, "Whoa - too much light."

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....