[ale] Mail forwarding problem

aesop aesop at persist.paradise.net
Wed Oct 2 03:40:47 EDT 1996

Not really problem with forwarding, just the side effect...

At work, I am running Linux and forwarding my mail from the mail server
to my machine.  Mail arrives fine.  The problem is the return mail header
is expanded to my full name instead of just the domain name.  So, when I
reply to a mail message, I must edit the replay header and remove my
local machine name from it.  (Otherwise, the To: becomes
person at machine.domain and bounces on my machine).

I am using a Smart Relay entry in my sendmail.cf.  I've also tried site
hiding, but realize this may be going about the problem the wrong way.

I suppose I could just start using popclient, but I figure someone may
have run into this before.

TIA

Dogbert: Has your electronic mail system made you more efficient?
Dilbert: In a way... Now I'm getting ignored at the speed of light.
						-- Scott Adams