[ale] MTU/MRU

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Tue Jun 25 12:34:16 EDT 1996

^	Well - here's the problem.  the connection simply goes stale, meaning
^  the connection doesn't disconnect (yes I use the modem option), it
^  just hangs around and I can't ping the other side.
^  I can currently using the lcp-echo-interval 60 and lcp-echo-failure 2
^  options but they don't seem to help.  Right now it's staying up
^  only because I'm pinging it once every second.  Once I stop doing that
^  the connection "freezes."

Newer versions of ppp have an "idle" option.  Use it in conjunction
with a looping script.  It may be "idletimer"...

Are you dialing into an ISP? iif you can get the debug logs from both
side (turn debug on full) and look at them.  PPPD is pretty verbose
when it wants to be.  While this is tedious a thorough understanding
will do wonders.

--
Later,
ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com