[ale] Kernel 2.0 no go ][

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 17 00:21:48 EDT 1996

  I too am having kernel problems with the 2.0 version, but mine occurs
when I try to do a make zImage.  The error is something like this:

gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-1.2.1/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=586  -c -o init/main.o init/main.c
cc1: Invalid option `align-loops=2'
cc1: Invalid option `align-jumps=2'
cc1: Invalid option `align-functions=2'
make: *** [init/main.o] Error 1

I have gcc 2.6.3 like the file said, but it didn't say anything about updating
anything else.  I'm sure it has to do with something that isn't updated
so does anyone know exactly or (somewhat exactly) what I need in order to
"run" the kernel.

thanks
charlie

							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
 ". . .the pope talks a lot about sex of which he knows nothing of"
	- Robert Anton Wilson