PPP getting closer

John M. Mills jmills at siberia.gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 7 14:01:55 EST 1996

Thanks to those suggesting that I need to work on my /etc/resolv.conf file.
I looked at that, and will do so again.

I did receive netmask and nameserver addresses with my account, but no
gateway or net address -- I don't know if PPP can negotiate these, but
there must be some such mechanism for MS Windows and Trumpet, to give
two examples from the e-mail distribution.

Does anyone know if pppd 2.1.2b can negotiate net and gateway addresses?
Should I include 'defaultroute' in my /etc/ppp/options file?

TIA -- john mills--