[ale] RedHat installation was so smooth as to be boring.

John M. Mills jmills at bismarck.gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 6 10:07:46 EST 1996

Well, when I tried the RH4.0 'boxed set' CD in a drive recognized by its
'boot.img' the installation went as smooth as glass.  I had to do a couple
lines' worth of handwork on XF86Config and on two files to set my subnet
and mask correctly, but otherwise no hiccups.  I now have to go through
the errata and make sure I catch the ones which affect me.

I also need to make some type of installation disk set which can work with
my @#$!! Phillips cm206 at home.

Regards --jmm--
John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
        Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
           "Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics, and Simulations"