X question

Todd B SanMillan bain at crl.com
Fri Jan 13 01:42:48 EST 1995

	First off, I just wanted to say what a great experience it was to
attend the ALE meeting. Thanks to everyone who did the leg work in
putting it all together and thanks to *everyone* who attended. I look
foward to filling up the lecture hall next time! (Do you think we will
have to use the stadium for the April meeting?)
	On to my question. After getting a few good tips on getting X
started, I ran into a snag. I've got the Slackware 2.1.0 dist. I have a
hand-me-down video card, w/no docs. After running SuperProbe, I now know
that it is a West. Dig./ Paradise 90C00. The docs say it is supported,
but when I run ConfigXF86 I don't see that card. The question is, Is
there a card that is offered in ConfigXF86 that is close enough, if so,
which one. Or do I have to run MakeCard. And if I have to run MakeCard,
is there any way to determine the clocks. Or do I need to know that in
advance?
	Hope you all can help, thanks