BBS & the Web

Chris Farris chris at gtarc.ee.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 12 22:15:28 EST 1995

While I found out from Greg That a Linux BBS on the net is out, I would
be willing to help setup a ALE site. It could be used as a central
repository of Web pages, and possibility hold an ALE ftp site. It;s only
real advantage would be name recognition. ftp ale at cc is kinda better
than ftp.cc, but then again.... Hell give me another CDROM drive and I
can mirror all of sunsite. (Infomagic has it broken into 2 disks, one of
it's faults IMHO).

But that's another story...

As for a ALE bbs, I know one person at the meeting has a T1 running into
their living room,( Now I'm jealous). We would still need money for
dialin's but It's a possibility.
I really think this is Important because I had a Hell of a time getting
Internet access before I came to Tech, and it really hampered my getting
into Linux. Yes I had nostalgic memories of running linux on the root
and boot disks too.

Moving to the Web, Do we have any High visibility Links to our Ale
Pages? I don't think a Link to the Tech homepage is appropriate, but maybe
an Atlanta Homepage? You wouldn't believe the publicity my Fraternity
got by just having a Link on the TechHome/Schools_Depts_Organizations page.

Oh well, it late, I got class,,.....

Chris