no food (fwd)

gt7508b at prism.gatech.edu gt7508b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:55:55 EST 1995

> ObLinux:  I'm starting to migrate yak.net from running on sun3/60s
> 	to using 386 and 486 linux boxes with Slackware 2.1.0.
> 		am i crazy?    is linux this stable?
> 	can I expect to leave these boxes running unattended for weeks
> 	at a time while I'm out of town (like I do with my sun3s),
> 	while they continue to serve mail & web & dialup & telnets for
> 	people?

I leave my system up 24/7 and I haven't had too many problems... left it up
at the end of last quarter (Dec 10th) and wasn't back in atlanta till new
years... However, I have noticed that some problems crop up if you leave
it up for a long time... On my system it will stop sending carriage return
to telnet connections after a few weeks, but rebooting the system generally
solves the problem and you can do that from remote....

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-= Tom Cross AKA The White Ninja / Decius 6i5 */^\* -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=- TWN615 at mindvox.phantom.com  GT7508B at prism.gatech.edu =-=-=-=-=-=-=