[ale] What are your thoughts on system transparency?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:25:12 EST 2024

Oh, I agree to an extent. We'll also need COBOL programmers for a while, too. Just not quite so many.

AWS is the cloud market leader. Once your developers figure out the IAM stuff they can use automation to build "servers" quickly. There's a lot that *should* be done better on the servers, but most businesses don't care. Even places that are supposed to care, don't. So the development team puts stuff together, makes sure that it passes test (usually written by the same team, so usually with their own level of skill or lack thereof). As long as it works, no one cares. If something breaks then it's usually due to a bad deployment, so they can either fix it or revert.

There will be times when knowing the server would be useful, but the OS is now a commodity. I'm not saying this because I'm glad it's true, just that it is true.

Leam