[ale] How to install Kaffeine on Slackware 15.0 Linux

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Dec 11 12:51:31 EST 2023

Kaffeine's recent versions do not install whether from SourceForge or
Slackware.com or elsewhere.  I'm attempting to install on Slackware 15.0.
Unfortunately all of the DVD players that came with Slackware are broken
in various ways!

My Asus external USB DVD burner worked out of the box as did my Logiteck
Ergo M575 wireless trackball, which is WONDERFUL!

(Btw, my Lenovo Legion 5 with a 1 TB SSD that I bumped up to 32 GB RAM
is wicked fast.  X starts in 5 seconds rather than 30 seconds for my
old low end Lenovo.)

Any advice?

THANKS!
Bob