[ale] Hosting wordpress at home

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 21:04:52 EST 2023

Tons of other great advice from others.
My take is this, after another 10-12 day as a sysadmin, do you really want
to come home and work for free?

20 years ago, for me, hell yeah! Geek cred rulz!

Now? Um, no. Not really. When I'm done slinging bits for the man (er, um,
woman. CEO is a woman), I want to do tangible things. Eating, drinking,
visiting friends, making jewelry in my basement shop, playing with the
cats, all are far more important to me than another planned downtime for
security patching and bug fixing. And for a php site, that patch cycle is
often daily.