[ale] systemd - howto wait for _all_ fsck's to finish before starting system

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Sun Dec 3 08:18:06 EST 2023

According to the man-page, Requires= just ensures that the other unit
will start, but doesn't actually wait for it.  After= does that, but
only if the other is starting at all.

Requires= expresses the dependency when fully started up.

After= expresses the startup ordering.

Not using After= (or the other ordering clauses) helps cue systemd to
start services in parallel where possible.

On 12/2/23 21:32, Steve Litt via Ale wrote:
> Phil Turmel via Ale said on Fri, 1 Dec 2023 10:02:34 -0500
>
>> Hmm.  Probably need:
>>
>>> [Unit]
>>> Requires=home.mount