[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: State of text based email programs?

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Thu Apr 28 10:06:33 EDT 2022

I'm currently using davmail to fetch mail from Microsoft's servers. Every
few days I have to reauthorize manually. Fetchmail retrieves the mail from
davmail. I generally read with plain old mutt.

The only thing that would help my setup is if I could view attachments
directly from mutt to my Chromebook. In the past when I had X desktops I'd
remotely run applications through the ssh X tunnel. While Chrome has a
remote desktop and it works, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to
displaying a remote application through ssh directly on the chromebook.

BAJ

--
Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology