[ale] Doing Something Dumb with Nginx

Jonathan Meek jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 21:51:55 EST 2018

Hello folks,

I am running into an odd issue setting up Nginx on a Ubuntu 16.04 box. I
cannot seem to get the domain names to render. If I navigate to the IP
address, the site appears no problem but when I navigate to the domain
name, it just renders the nginx welcome page.

I have tried adding the domain name to the server_name parameter to my
/etc/nginx/conf.d/virtual.conf and reloading nginx but that didn't work.

As a side note, I did add the nameservers to domain early this evening, not
sure if makes a difference. I did create the A, AAAA, & NS records as well.

I feel like I am doing something dumb but can't put my finger on it so any
pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Jonathan