[ale] for all you systemd haters...

Jonathan Meek jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 12:05:57 EST 2018

I am just going wander over here and drink my coffee because I match the
case that someone pointed out in the email chain about a user. As a user, I
have rarely messed around with checking into what's running in the init
scripts. One failed systemd unit script kept me from messing with it again.
I am pretty that was me not understanding what in the wide world of sports
was going on there.

The biggest issue I have seen with systemd has been its logging into binary
instead of text. It makes me a little nervous because most Linux distros
has some program to view text in the command line (vi, emacs, nano, cat)
while viewing the binaries could be a tricky affair.

Just my thoughts on the matter at hand. Back to my Puerto Rican coffee
sipping.

Jonathan