[ale] Iridium phones

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Feb 2 09:00:08 EST 2018

Well, there is always this:
 https://thehackernews.com/2017/07/satellite-phone-encryption.html
and
 https://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/23/sat_comm_vulns/
and
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKaC4pNvck

I remember seeing a security conference talk about some guys who
captured multiple channels for hours and decrypted the comms - they only
heard 1-side of the conversation (the part talking down to their area of
the world), but the sentences were pretty telling.  War operations. Drug
deals, stuff like that - at least in their presentation.  Someone on an
island ordering a replacement generator isn't nearly as interesting.

BTW, cell phone encryption is worse.