[ale] New Year's Dissolutions

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Mon Sep 18 12:19:46 EDT 2017

On 9/18/17 12:00 PM, leam hall wrote:
> Jerald's comment about the career usefulness of Docker or similar got
> me to thinking. I have a server laying around that could host CoreOS.
> If not then Goodwill has cheap used boxes.
Depends on the Goodwill; some don't resell donated hardware and that's
likely subject to change from week to week or month to month. I have
seen some very workable 64-bit boxes at Goodwills that were reselling.
My most recent salvage win was a four-core 32-bit Dell with four SATA
drives on a hardware RAID controller for the cost of lifiting it off the
pavement at the Dekalb recycling center on Memorial Drive. Brought it
home; Gentooed it up - works perfectly.