[ale] New Year's Dissolutions

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:00:59 EDT 2017

Jerald's comment about the career usefulness of Docker or similar got me to
thinking. I have a server laying around that could host CoreOS. If not then
Goodwill has cheap used boxes.

I have a full plate now as well, which also got me to thinking. What drops?
Learning Python? OOP? Ansible? Fiction writing?

Each year I engage in "New Year's Dissolutions". Pretty much everything
that I can stop doing gets stopped on December First. I'll still eat, work,
and smooch with the wife, but almost everything else gets dropped.

December is the month to reflect on how well I met the year's goals and to
honestly answer how much I enjoyed, or didn't enjoy, reaching that goal.
Once my head is clear I start on the next year's goals and plans.

The years I have failed to do this have been emotionally costly. I
encourage the practice. Take things like Docker and put them in your
"Dissolutions" folder. When it's time to clean mental house and start the
next plan, there it will be.

Leam