[ale] Ultra-cheap wireless gear - slightly [OT]

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Sep 13 07:15:02 EDT 2017

Use CAT5e, not CAT5.  Why get stuck today?

3 Ubiquity WAPs would do wonders and solve all sorts of other issues, assuming
you are running through the ceiling.  I've seen them for $68/ea.  Plus, you
don't need to have different SSIDs.  Same SSID, different channels works well
enough. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/130-9166296-8272428 - If you
want more range, their LD versions really do work better.

I'm not a fan of wireless repeaters.  Would rather see Powerline stuff, if that
works at all in the location.

BTW, I'm jealous of 25Mbps.  Living with 15Mbps here.