[ale] Systemd rants (was bow head)

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 11:47:24 EDT 2017

I think that at some level, we’re dabbling in philosophy here.

For instance, one could argue that without any plugins, additions, and most simply configured that Apache is similarly “bare bones”.  (http_core.c and core.c only) certainly falls within this purview.

Apache at its simplest satisfies the description.
Nginx at its simplest satisfies the description.

It’s when vendors begin “front-loading” the applications with all sorts of modules and add-ons things start to get weird.

—jms