[ale] please bow your head for a moment of silence...

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 10:35:30 EDT 2017

Meanwhile...
https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/linux/SystemdUbuntuRebootFailure

"We just went through a periodic exercise of rebooting all of our
<https://support.cs.toronto.edu/> Ubuntu servers in order to get up to date
on kernels and so on. By now almost all of our servers are running Ubuntu
16.04, which means that they're using systemd. Unfortunately this gives us
a real problem, because *on Ubuntu 16.04, systemd won't reliably reboot
your system*. On some servers, usually the busiest and most important ones,
the system will just stop during the shutdown process and sit there. And
sit there. And sit there. Perhaps it would eventually recover after tens of
minutes, but as mentioned these are generally our busiest and most
important servers, so we're not exactly going to let them sit there to find
out what happens eventually."

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
>
> On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 12:29 +0000, Lightner, Jeffrey wrote:
>
> Caveman conversation:
> Ug:  What that?
> Zog:  Wheel.
> Ug:  Why wheel?  Drag work for years.
> Zog: More fast to use wheel.
> Ug: Wheel made by false god to trap draggers.  It bad.
> Ug then clubs Zog because Zog doesn't see the intrinsic "reason" of Ug's opinion.
>

> Move ahead 10,000 years:
> Ug:  What that?
> Zog:  Systemd.
> Ug: Why systemd.  Init work for years...
>
> :p

James Sumners
http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)
http://jrfom.com/ (personal site)