[ale] Ksh script style checker or best practices

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Fri Oct 20 20:17:04 EDT 2017

I am tentatively scheduled to give my "Seat Belt and Airbags for bash"
presentation at the Red Hat group on Nov 14th.

It is tentative right now, but sign up for the group on meetup and you will
get notified when it is scheduled.

It is not a what you are asking for but I give a laundry list of syntax to
not use.

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 7:49 PM, Jonathan Meek <jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have gotten involved in a new placement at work where I am writing ksh
> scripts and have fallen in love with it. I never thought I would enjoy this
> because ksh scripts were always a bit of reach. I am curious is there some
> tool like Python's PEP8 style checker for bash scripts? If not, some place
> to find best practices towards style and syntax?
>
> I am just trying to avoid future me being utterly angered at some unknown
> idiot and then to find git blame saying it is past me.
>
> Jonathan

Michael Potter
  Tapp Solutions, LLC
   www.tappsolutions.com