[ale] ALE server migration in progress

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:29:16 EDT 2017

All,

The countdown is on for the final hours of ALE server being hosted for free
by Coloblox (ALE web site incorrectly identifies them by the old name
Xilogics - my bad for missing the notice 4+ years ago and not changing the
attribution).

I am building out a new physical host or virtual host (testing a physical
box now) for the new home. I will be providing hosting from my
pico-datacenter at home. I've increased my bandwidth and acquired a new
static IP block and ALE gets 1 IP address in it.

What this means is there will be an interruption of the mailing list and
web site updates in order to fully sync the old to the new location. I will
make that downtime as short as possible.

I expect the downtime to begin around 10PM tonight, Oct 5. I hope that
things will be back up fully sometime Oct 6. It may take longer.

I've notified the ALE old-farts group who actually control the domain name
and DNS. Hopefully they can squeeze in some time to make the needed
adjustments.

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*