[ale] [Rant] Fedora Package Caching

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:06:38 EDT 2017

Yikes! And on a LINUX group, even :-(
FreeBSD is the abomination license and code that allowed Apple to
Embrace and Extend to become the triple-high walled garden that they
are.
I like the description from TheReg.co.uk "Cupertino idiot tax company".
For a while it looked like Apple was going to become an open source
darling. They had release MKLinux as an experimental distro. It was
based on GNU micro kernel architecture, compiled for PowerPC and a full
RedHat based distro that loaded on top. Apple was using it as a
training ground for developers and engineers prior to OSX. Then they
suddenly switched to FreeBSD because they are not required to release
any modifications they make.
It's not FreeBSD's fault except for the license that says "Here! Have
fun! It's OK to be a profiteering dick of the work of others. We don't
care.".