[ale] Knowledge/equivalency database?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Sat May 27 13:28:51 EDT 2017

   I have a couple projects where I want a very generic knowledge database
that will include some equivalencies.  Something along the line of:

Part #
 - other vendor part # that works just fine
 - other vendor part # that works just fine
 - other vendor part # that works just fine
 - read-only notes
 - comments by other, non-random users
 - other vendor part # that works just fine

I'm thinking a relational database with an html front end.  Problem #1, I
suck at html.  #2, I'd rather not re-invent the wheel but searching for
"knowledgebase" and similar ends up with a lot of helpdesk systems.

Anyone have a suggestion for something I can throw on an linux box behind a
firewall, AWS or even firewalle?  I looked into "wikidata" but that doesn't
look like I can create a "section" for just the pieces I'm trying to line
up.

-R