[ale] OT: Best way to go from I75 north to 20 west in Atlanta

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed May 24 16:05:24 EDT 2017

If they can handle a slight deviation away from the interstate system
(but still on highway roads) one option would be to take 75 up to Macon,
exit onto US-80 West through Columbus and all the way to Tuskegee.  At
that point you pick up I-85 South towards Montgomery, then I-65 north to
Birmingham at which point you pick up I-22 towards Memphis and off they
go to I-40.

Separately I certainly recommend I-40 over I-10 to Los Angeles not
because of teh heat but because I-10 crossing into California and
especially as you approach Palm Springs and the eastern end of Riverside
is a disaster of traffic.  Depending on the part of Los Angeles they're
trying to reach, there are many better alternatives that avoid heavy
congestion (with the understanding that there is *always* congestion in
Los Angeles even at some hour like 3 AM)