[ale] DragonCon: InstallFest?, Crypto Party?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Mar 30 06:22:15 EDT 2017

On 03/29/2017 09:49 PM, Kyle Brieden wrote:
> If we have enough prep time, it should be *relatively* easy to pull down
> mirrors of the major distro repos and just host them on a server on the
> switch.  We don't have to pull down exhaustive repos, just the main,
> security, etc... repos.  We can serve up a PXE environment, then have a
> local repos and that should do just fine.

PXE is too much "magic", IMHO.  Unless how-to setup up a PXE boot server
for home is included.

The issue with using PXE is that it doesn't teach someone how to create
a USB flash drive or use an ISO. Learning to create and boot from a
flash drive is an important skill. For someone outside our community,
they've probably never heard of an ISO, much less touched one.

Just another opinion.