[ale] Proper way to setup DMZ LAN

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 14:15:05 EDT 2017

Most places I have worked at do not allow direct Corporate_LAN to Internet
access.  It is a PCI violation, and bad practice, really.  All LAN traffic
goes through the DMZ, and there are 2 Routers/firewalls between the LAN
machines and the Internet at minimum.  With VLAN tagging, you could
probably use single Router/firewall setup.  The danger is informal trunking
between the VLAN segments that can lead to "Surprise" direct to internet
connections.  This is also a potential PCI finding, because each major
service must have its own server.  You might also consider setting up squid
as a a filtering proxy that checks out all HTTP and HTTPS traffic.

Wolf Halton
Mobile/Text 678-687-6104