[ale] Proper way to setup DMZ LAN

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 00:05:12 EDT 2017

Okay I've had the cable pulled in my house I was able to unbrick an
older ASUS router which is running ASUSWRT-Merlin which has the radios
shutoff for the access part of it. Many years ago I remember setting up
several dual LANs, the first LAN was unsecured and all of the web facing
gear was on that. Then a second router with LAN to LAN interfaces which
connected to LAN 1 and LAN 2 was off of this router and was a secured
network. I thought this what a DMZ was, but on google searching DMZ
structure I'm finding that the DMZ is a single server by itself. The
other thing that I'm finding is that the secured LAN is on LAN 1 and the
DMZ is on LAN 2. That doesn't make sense to me.

Can anyone enlighten me with what would be the correct way of doing this?

--
Sent to you and NSA, CIA, FBI, SS, DHS and GOD only knows who the hell else...