[ale] Comcast Static IPv6?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Mar 24 11:05:12 EDT 2017

I've been using comcast business for about 5 years, and I've never had a
 power related outage that last longer than it took to get the power
back on. Most of the power issues I've had have been blips that my ups
deals with, so an outage has to last a significant period of time.
I wouldn't get comcast residential services of any kind, but my
business line has been nearly flawless. (exception was a period of a few
weeks when it was flaking. was determined to be related to major new
cabling in the next neighborhood)
When I have had a question or an issue, support usually answers on the
first or second ring, and I get through directly to someone
knowledgeable and who I can understand. A couple of times they have
increased speed on entitlements I was bit aware of.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> 3/23/2017 2:13 PM >>>
I went from Comcast to AT&T Uverse several years ago. More recently,
when there has been a power blink at my house the Uverse service will
drop out and won't come back for at least 15 minutes. It didn't used to

be like that; it would stay up through and after short power failures
so, with everything in the house fully UPSsed, everything just kept
working. Both my wife and I work from home at least part of the time,
so
this is a real problem.

So has it been your experience that Comcast Business is less vulnerable

to dropping out from power failures? I really don't want their
CATV/residential service but I'm willing to go the business route if it

will stay up and if I also get less latency and the ability to host my

own Internet-facing servers in the process.

On 3/23/17 2:00 PM, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> The 99 bucks I spend on Comcast business with static IP has more than
paid for itself in lack of headaches.

> There’s both IPv4 and IPv6 I can use and setup as I wish.
>
> I’m very happy with it, and have only had one outage…during a
storm…where the reset of the neighborhood took almost a week to come
back on, I was on within 24 hours.