[ale] [OT] Defensive Code matters

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 06:29:33 EDT 2017

Hey Jerald,

In this case PayPal isn't doing anything wrong. While not perfect, in
times past PayPal has made good customer support noticeable and I've
even posted on Facebook a time or two. If this doesn't drop off soon
I'll give them a call.

I'm explaining to the transaction vendor why their coding assumptions
can cause issues. My good deed for the month is politely giving them
another use case to consider. I'm working on learning more testing in my
own code and know the value of good use cases.

Hopefully they do it better than the hotels that have intentionally
double charged me. I've had multiple hotels from different chains charge
me for a room that's already been paid for and then try to say it was
just normal. One even went back several times reducing the amount to see
what would go through!

Leam