[ale] Secure Family Comms

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Mar 23 14:19:26 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-23 10:54, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> You know, I work for a global Infosec department, and *I* think you guys are a little paranoid.
>
> :-D

:)  Since one of my emails set off the chain I will state that the
intent was not for all-day-every-day encrypted connections.  It was more
because occasionally my parents need to send me medical or financial
information for either safe keeping or review.  I want to give them a
way to send that easily without having to run to the post office to send
it by certified mail.

I run my own mail server so I can create all the addresses I want.  If
there was an integrated  solution such that I could simply tell them
"Mail the document to this specific address and it will come to me
encrypted automatically".

I might just build a micro web server that has a basic file transfer
upload form all going over HTTPS but email would be faster and less work
on both ends.