[ale] Virtual Box network configuration

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Mar 21 13:42:11 EDT 2017

If you want inbound traffic to the VM, then bridged mode is the easiest.
 It is often easiest to use DHCP reservations on your DHCP server (often
a router) to make the IP effectively static.

If you just want outbound traffic from the VM, then stay with NAT and
let the VM management software provide the local IP.

Which is best depends on how the VM is to be used.  Desktops - NAT.
Servers - bridged.  .......   in general, but there are always exceptions.

DHCP reservations at home are handy for portable devices. Then, you
don't have to change network settings inside or outside the house, but
still have a static IP when at home.

IMHO.